Your policy reimburses actual costs for covered expenses related to the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, up to the applicable policy limits, exclusions and limitations. Remember that pre-existing conditions are not covered. Eligible illness expenses are:
- Veterinary treatment for a covered illness (an illness that is not considered pre-existing)
- Expenses listed under accident benefits when applicable to an illness
- Diagnostic and laboratory testing including CT’s, MRI’s and other imaging
- Cancer treatments (including but not limited to chemotherapy and radiation treatment)
- Treatment for behavioral issues subject to a sublimit of your policy and administered through a veterinarian.
- Treatment for hereditary and congenital conditions
- Surgery and specialized care
- Emergencies and hospitalization
- Prescription food to treat bladder stones and crystals for a limited period of time.
- Prescription medications
- Medical supplies
- Alternative therapies recommended and overseen by a licensed veterinarian
Examples of covered illnesses include but are not limited to cancer and growths, dental and gum disease when a history of proper dental care has been followed, digestive illnesses, eye, ear and skin conditions, hereditary and congenital conditions, hip dysplasia, urinary infections, etc.